Sunday 1 October 2017

#Ralph Says - October Already? What's Up At Ralph Says Things?

What's Up At Ralph Says Things?

#RaphSays - October Already, What's Up At Ralph Says Things?

Welcome to another chapter from Ralph Says Things book (not a "book" book, but you know what I mean).

Can't believe it's October already.

Ralph has been out working, and whilst doing so, promoting his #JSSAMO hashtag at every opportunity he gets. He loves telling his customers what it means, and claims they all break into fits of laughter. The same thing happens when I tell people what it means (Just Say Shit and Move On - in case you didn't know). 

We should all take a page out of Ralph's book, but we don't.

Instead we let things fester, and feel hurt and annoyed. Or we let someone else do our "dirty work" - and say what needs to be said....Instead of just sitting people down and having a chat and saying our peace. 

But that's another post for another day...

So What's Been Happening With Us?

It's been a while since the last post - because life is getting in the way.  Here in Scotland, it's been a case of working super hard to try to make a bit of money to support ole Ralph. 

There have been some new Tshirt (or in this case Hoodie) designs added to Ralph's store and I've created my own shop which is filled with loads of new, simple designs...

Whether you buy from the Ralph Says Store/s or mine (TNTs), the royalties will go toward helping Ralph live more comfortably. The main aim is for him to worry less about money and living.

Was delighted to see one of my clients, Joan, from JL Formulations picked up a few Ralph Says items off Cafepress, both the Old's Cool and the #JSSAMO shirts, and shared a picture on Facebook earlier. It warmed my heart. Thanks Joan! That was the happiest surprise of the weekend, and after a not-so-great day yesterday, I needed that boost.

Joan, founding of JLForumulations.com sports a #JSSAMO T-shirt Supporting Ralph Says

Dealing with Elderly Parents

I've been having conversations about, and doing some research on people's challenges with ageing parents. In fact where my conversations once tended to be primarily about men and work, it's now about our parents. This is the case for both sides of the pond.

Whether you have money, or in our case don't, it's hard being in this position. it's a different kind of stress and sadness to losing a parent young, like I did with my mother.

This may be the most stressful and emotional time I've ever had, prolonged anyway. Frankly, I'd have thought by the time I'd reached this age, I'd be financially successful enough to be able to look after my father. 

As I mentioned on a previous post, he had to help me much longer than any father should have to help their offspring. So honestly, there is nothing I'd like more than to be able to look after him now. 

I'd go as far to say that it is my sole driving focus and intention. Truth be told, it makes me feel like a bit of a failure that I can't. 

But the fact is I am trying. I really am doing my absolute best. Seven days a week. I am doing my best to be proactive, to try to blog and to drum up sales, for makeup or candles, or create the designs for the Red Bubble shops. Success is slow to build but we're doing it, brick by brick. Like any new "business" or project, it takes time.

The Sandwich Generation - Not Just Stressful for Parents!

There is a term I recently heard called the "Sandwich Generation". It's not a new term, but it describes people that have to take care of both kids and elderly parents, trying to juggle both, and trying to have a life and career of their own. 

I don't know what the term is for us single men and women, with no kids (who may or may not have partners). We still have the stress, financial worries, and desire to support parents. Let alone for those of us living thousands of miles away from our parent. (Maybe I should come up with my own word - like how I already coined the term "Solo-Non-breeder"....) Apparently the fact that people are living longer, means it's going to get worse before it gets better.

Even without kids of my own, it's still bloody hard trying to juggle life, financial stress, etc - thank you very much

I liken it to putting on your own mask on a plane, before you can look after anyone else.

Join the ALL NEW Live Brain-a-Thon 2017 (#brainathon)

Brain-A-Thon

Finally before I go, if you're anything like me, you too are interested in making more money. So I thought I'd mention this amazing webinar taking place on Saturday. It's an annual, LIVE event called the Brain-a-Thon that lasts several hours and features several doctors/experts (as pictured) in the field of neuroscience and related areas. This LIVE event is FREE and you can learn more and sign up here. I'll be live tweeting while it's on.

Follow Ralph Says Things

To lend your support to Ralph you can follow Ralph Says Things on any of the following social media channels:

Ralph Says Things - Facebook
Ralph Says Things Twitter

NOTE: I've decided not to link to Cafe Press anymore and focus on Red Bubble. Have any t-shirt ideas, or want to do a joint venture design, then please let me know by commenting here.







No comments:

Post a Comment

#RalphSays - Ralph's Ultimate Flight

#RalphSays - Ralph's Taken the Ultimate Flight You could be forgiven for wondering if Ralph was still alive - given the fact I...